We teach Yoga and Mindful Art classes at economically challenged schools in Austin Independent School District in order to provide a more positive and peaceful learning environment for all. Students are given the opportunity to thrive in a supportive and non-competitive environment. They engage in cooperative games and learn mindful practices that give them the tools to handle complicated social situations while respecting themselves and one another. This program helps students to mindfully navigate life at school and beyond the classroom.
How does your gift impact the community?
- Opportunity for students to thrive in a supportive, safe and non-competitive environment.
- Cooperative yoga games teach mindful practices that give students the tools to handle complicated social situations while respecting themselves and one another.
- Breath awareness helps students increase focus, reduce stress and learn self-regulation techniques.
- Yoga adventures promote creativity and critical thinking skills that support academic success.
- Through yoga postures students increase strength and flexibility, learn body awareness, coordination, improve fine and gross motor skills and learn healthy habits for life.
- Mindful Art activities allow for creative expression, stress reduction, focus and higher level thinking opportunities.
- Our program supports social and emotional growth that helps students to mindfully navigate through their lives in and out of school creating a more positive environment for themselves, and everyone around them at school and home. When we connect with ourselves through mindful practices such as yoga we are able to connect with others in a more meaningful and respectful way.
- Keeps students safe, supervised and engaged during the after-school time before parents get off work. And more!