June 21st is International Day of Yoga; declared a day of physical, mental and spiritual health by the United Nations!
- Join us! Practice Yoga anywhere!
- Sponsor someone else’s practice! Your gift can help provide access to those who might not typically benefit from yoga.
- Share on social (if you like)! Sharing a photo of your practice on IDY raises awareness, funds and supports the wellness of others!
- Impact the overall health of our community one breath, one pose at a time.
Will you join us in providing well-being for all? Proceeds from this campaign directly benefit:
Yoga and Mindful Art at economically challenged schools in AISD
Trauma-Informed Yoga for survivors of abuse at SAFE Alliance
Scholarships to attend Yoga and Nature Camp for economically challenged families
Why Participate? In our community and across the world children and families are faced with many daily stressors such as lack of access to healthy food, limited physical education, unemployment, state testing, pressure to succeed, peer pressure, over-stimulation and more. Yoga gives families a way connect and receive life changing resources in a positive and safe setting. Through our yoga practice together we learn skills that will serve generations to come and empower community members to care for themselves and others in a more mindful way.
- Yoga promotes breath awareness. By bringing awareness to our breath we increase focus, reduce stress and learn self-regulation techniques.
- Yoga is creative. Yoga adventures promote creativity and critical thinking skills.
- Yoga teaches us about our physical bodies. Through yoga postures we increase strength and flexibility, learn body awareness, coordination, improve fine and gross motor skills and learn healthy habits.
- Yoga teaches us about teamwork. Yoga for children incorporates cooperative games that promote positive social interactions, communication, familial bonds and confidence.
- Yoga shows us what it means to be present. Meditation techniques enhance concentration, helps reduce stress, promotes focus, calms our body and mind and helps us arrive in the present moment.
- Yoga teaches us to care for ourselves and others in a more mindful way. Yoga is a mindful practice that teaches self-awareness and non-violence towards ourselves and one another.
- Yoga cultivates a peaceful sense of being. Through relaxation practices yoga provides the opportunity to relax and rejuvenate.
- Yoga is for all abilities. Check out our blog post by Bliss Kid Yoga teacher and Pediatric Speech Language Pathologist, Erica Ortiz. Erica discusses the benefits of yoga for all abilities!