12.9.20 from 6:30pm-8:30pm via Zoom, $35 donation
About this Event
Trauma Informed language can provide the opportunity for children of all backgrounds to explore and grow in a safe, supportive and inclusive space. Learn developmentally appropriate techniques to adapt your teaching practice to account for trauma within your yoga classroom whether virtually or in person.
In this training you will:
• Better understand the importance of using trauma informed language.
• Build a toolbox of invitational language and practice ways to offer choices.
• Enrich your teaching practice with trauma informed yoga stories, mediations and more.
This workshop will be shared via Zoom. A private link will be send out the Friday prior to the workshop.
Trauma-Informed Yoga Teacher Training
Facilitating Classes for Children and Families
January 18-20th 2020 in Austin, Tx
1/18 9-6pm, 1/19 10-6pm, 1/20 10-6pm ( 1 hour for lunch daily)
Additional workshop opportunities at 9am on 1/19 and 1/20 (not required)
The Bliss Kid Yoga trauma-informed training is an evidence based, 30 hour curriculum created in order to support vulnerable populations of young children and their families. Developed by experienced trauma-informed yoga teachers with a strong background in teaching yoga to children and families and educational, early childhood and therapeutic specialists.
Over three days the training will consist of lecture, large and small group discussions and activities, teaching practicum, curriculum development and more. Additional hours outside of the three days needed for certification.
This training is for those looking to deepen their own practice as well as their service to the community. This training is best suited for those with experience working with children, a background in yoga as a dedicated student and/or teacher and experience with yoga for children. However, all are invited to apply.
Katherine Banker, Lead Training Facilitator and BKY Founder
Katherine holds over 600 hours of yoga certs including over 400 hours of trauma-informed trainings and certifications. Katherine was directly mentored by David Emerson in the TCTSY method. She is a former certified early childhood and elementary school teacher, child advocate and pioneer in the children’s yoga space. Katherine applies her trauma-informed knowledge outside of yoga as a foster parent and community activist. Learn more at www.blisskidyoga.org/team.
Registration for the training does not automatically qualify you for acceptance. Please complete the questionnaire . Reviewed within 1 week of submission by BKY Executive Director and Lead Facilitator, Katherine Banker. You will be contacted by a staff member regarding acceptance into the program. Tuition must be completed to hold your spot. Space is limited.
Upon completion, participants are given the knowledge and skills to offer children’s yoga classes to a variety of vulnerable populations in a safe and effective manner that resists retraumatization.
Participants will gain:
- A deeper understanding of trauma-informed practices and how yoga can be a therapeutic tool for healing.
- Techniques and skills to provide a safe environment for children to co-facilitate their own journey towards healing through present moment awareness, a shared authentic experience and choice making.
- The tools to become conscious activists in the collaborative effort to heal our communities.
- A Sangha of yoga teachers who support one another and seek to mindfully deepen their relationship with self and community.
Some topics include:
- Science of trauma
- Prominent therapeutic interventions
- Who we are serving
- Foundations of facilitating trauma-informed yoga
- Trauma-informed language
- Creating a trauma-informed environment
- Shared authentic experiences
- Using a trauma lens
- Conscious activism
Tuition: Flexible payment plans available. Tuition is nonrefundable. Your tuition benefits our trauma-informed programs at SAFE Alliance.
This is a Retreat style training with additional benefits such as yoga and meditation classes, community gatherings and more. Rooms available in retreat home to rent at a very reasonable price. Inquire at email@example.com. Available for only 3 people.
Early Bird through Dec 1st: $575
Early Bird through Dec 1st: $525 (students, nonprofit workers, BKY volunteers and teachers, social workers, foster parents and teachers)
Regular Tuition: $600
Discounted Tuition: $550 (students, nonprofit workers, BKY volunteers and teachers, social workers, foster parents and teachers)
Up to $200 of tuition costs can be supplemented with volunteer hours. Space limited. Please inquire.
If you would like to attend but the tuition cost is an economic hardship please email Katherine Banker at firstname.lastname@example.org for scholarship opportunities. One full scholarship available.
What to bring?
- Please bring a mat and or cushion and anything else you need to feel comfortable. We will be sitting on the floor. If you would like a chair please let us know.
- There is a full kitchen and refrigerator for use. We recommend bringing lunch.
- Water bottle.
*** This program is intended for professional development and not intended as an intervention. The training discusses sensitive material that could be activating for some. Throughout the training and prior to please let us know if you need additional support or have any concerns.